General Rate Policy
- 30-days notice will be given for any change in the rates.Advertiser
has the right to cancel contract without penalty in
the event of such a change.
- All advertising copy submitted is subject to the approval of
St. Michael Center for the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Political, cigarettes, liquor, travel, finance, and banking
advertising are not accepted.
- Client is responsible for any errors in the advertisement.
- St. Michael Center for the Blessed Virgin Mary is not responsible
for imperfect printing resulting from defective printing materials.
- Should mechanical limitations render it impossible to place
advertiser's copy in the issue ordered, St. Michael Center for
the Blessed Virgin Mary is not liable. Arrangement will be made
to place the ad in following issue or any other issue suitable
to the advertiser.
- Consideration must be given in all proposed advertisements
tot he fact that this is a Catholic publication.
Mechanical Measurement and Data:
1 column = 2 5/16 inches
2 columns = 4 14/16 inches
3 columns = 7 15/16 inches
Full page = 9 14/16" x 13 13/16" deep
No Advertising Inserts
The St. Michael Center for the Blessed Virgin Mary will not accept
pre-printed advertising materials.
Every effort will be made to comply with position requests but acceptance
of an order does not imply a guarantee.
- 5% Advertise at least three times or more consecutively.
- 10% advertise 5 times or more consecutively.
- Catholic Church Rates - All churches, schools of the Roman Catholic
Church are entitled to a 10% discounts on all rates.
The St. Michael Center for the Blessed Virgin Mary is published
every month. Advertising deadline is fourteen days prior to publication
date, by noon.
Publication date is on the 13th of each month
Client must pay in advance.
- All payments by cash , check, and credit card.
A return check fee of $15.00 will be assessed for any check
that is return by a bank.
- Client assumes full responsibility for payment on advertisements
published if client fails to give cancellation notice on or before
deadline for space reservations and/ or copy changes.
- If the advertising office does not receive ad copy on or before
deadline, client must pay for space reserved.
Hawaii advertisers subject to 4% state tax.
1. This contract is between the St. Michael Center
for the Blessed Virgin Mary, herein referred to as SMC, and the
party listed on the face of this contract or his/her duty authorized
agent or representative, herein referred to as CLIENT.
2. The CLIENT shall assume all liability for all contents, including
copy, photographs and illustrations within advertisements printed
and shall indemnity, defend and hold harmless the St. Michael Center
for the Blessed Virgin Mary, and its office, employees, agents,
or any person acting on their behalf from and against: (1) any claim
or demand for loss, liability or damage, including, but not limited
to, claims for property damage, personal injury or death, by whomsoever
brought or made by reason of the non-observance or no-performance
of any of the terms, covenants and conditions herein or the rules,
regulations, ordinances and laws of the federal, state, municipal
or country governments.
Furthermore, the CLIENT shall reimburse the SMC and its employees,
agents, or any person acting on their behald for all attorney’s
fees, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with the defense
of such claims
3. No verbal agreements, promises, waivers, understandings or conditions
of any nature other than those stipulated on the face of this contract
will be binding upon SMC.
4. The SMC advertising manager monitors all submitted paid advertising
copy and reserves the right to refuse to print any advertisement
that is in his/her opinion dertrimental to the public, the newspaper
or other advertisers.
5. Cancellations: CLIENT assumes full responsibility for payment
on advertisements published if CLIENT fails to give notice on or
before closing date for space reservations and/or copy change.
6. Missed Deadline: if ad copy is not received on or before the
deadline for submission to the advertising office, the advertiser
forfeits the space and the right to determine what is placed in
the space. In addition, as in late cancellations, the advertiser
is responsible for payment of the cost of the space reserved.
7. Increases or decreases in the column inches purchased by the
CLIENT may be made within the established time period of the contract.
Contracts may listed at the time of execution.
All per column inch changes will be billed at subsequent higher
or lower rate, as applicable.
8. In the event of omission of an advertisement by SMC, CLIENT will
be entitled to receive the total amount paid.
9. SMC will not be responsible for more than the first incorrect
insertion of any advertisement. SMC liability shall not exceed the
cost of the ad in which the error occurred.
10. Any error caused by SMC in the reproduction of advertisements
which does not materially affect the totality of the advertisement
does not constitute breach of contract by the SMC.
11. SMC reserves the right to request payment in advance and suspend
further advertising if CLIENT is delinquent in making payments.
12. In the case default is made in payment of account and the account
is given to an attorney or collection agent, or suit is instituted
thereon, the advertiser agrees to and shall pay all costs of the
collection and legal actions.
13. News stories and/or free notices do not accompany any class
14. Publication schedules and issue size are subject to change.
15. All ads are due: 12 noon Fourteen working days prior to publications.
16. Address all written correspondence to
Contact us for more information!
Reach the thousands of Catholics all over the world who read us.